Perkembangan Implikasi Biologi dan Klinis Proprotein Convertase Subtilisin-Kexin 9
AbstractPada tahun 2003 Proprotein Convertase Subtilisin-Kexin 9 (PCSK9) berhasil diidentifikasi.1 PCSK9 berfungsi meningkatkan kadar LDL Cholesterol (LDL-C) melalui degradasi LDL Receptor (LDLR).2 Penemuan PCSK9 telah merevolusi serta merupakan perkembangan terpenting pada bidang riset kardiovaskular satu dekade terakhir, terutama dalam regulasi LDL-C. 1
2. Benjannet S, Rhainds D, Essalmani R, et al. NARC-1/PCSK9 and its natural mutants: zymogen cleavage and effects on the low density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor and LDL cholesterol. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48865–75.
3. Chan JC, Piper DE, Cao Q, et al. A proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 neutralizing antibody reduces serum cholesterol in mice and nonhuman primates. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2009;106:9820–5.
4. Stein EA, Raal F. Reduction of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol by monoclonal antibody inhibition of PCSK9. Annu Rev Med. 2014;65:417–31.
5. Seidah NG, Awan Z, Chretien M, Mbikay M. PCSK9: A key modulator of cardiovascular health. Circ Res. 2014;114:1022–36.
6. Sabatine MS, Giugliano RP, Wiviott SD, et al. Efficacy and safety of evolocumab in reducing lipids and cardiovascular events. N Engl J Med. 2015;372:1500–9.
7. Galabova G, Brunner S, Winsauer G, et al. Peptide-based anti-PCSK9 vaccines—An approach for long-term LDLc management.PLoS One. 2014;9:e114469.
8. Demers A, Samani S, Lauzier B, et al. PCSK9 induces CD36 degradation and affects long-chain fatty acid uptake and triglyceride metabolism in adipocytes and in mouse liver. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:2517–25.
9. Stein EA, Giugliano RP, Koren MJ, et al. Efficacy and safety of evolocumab (AMG 145), a fully human monoclonal antibody to PCSK9, in hyperlipidaemic patients on various background lipid therapies: pooled analysis of 1359 patients in four phase 2 trials. Eur Heart J. 2014;35:2249–59.
10. Roubtsova A, Chamberland A, Marcinkiewicz J, et al. PCSK9 deficiency unmasks a sex/tissue-specific subcellular distribution of the LDL and VLDL receptors in mice. J Lipid Res. 2015;56:2133–42.
11. Konarzewski M, Szolkiewicz M, Sucajtys-Szulc E, et al. Elevated circulating PCSK-9 concentration in renal failure patients is corrected by renal replacement therapy. Am J Nephrol. 2014;40:157–63.
12. Gaieski DF, Edwards JM, Kallan MJ, Carr BG. Benchmarking the incidence and mortality of severe sepsis in the United States. Crit Care Med. 2013;41:1167–74.
PDF downloads: 103
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).