All manuscripts submitted to Indonesian Journal of Cardiology must be original work which has never been published previously and is submitted exclusively to Indonesian Journal of Cardiology. All submitted papers containing animal experiments and/or involving human subjects should have obtained approval from an independent ethics committee. The copy of approval and reference number should be provided.
Researchers should be honest about their research. Researchers need to have a high ethical standard at all times during the research, in areas such as receiving funds for research, publishing research results, and fairly compensating participants. More specifically, research papers that are forged, altered, plagiarized, overlapped, and/or dishonest cannot be published either online or in journals and are not eligible for research funds
The Indonesian Journal of Cardiology is a member of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and follows its guideline in facing all aspects of publication ethics. The journal consults COPE guideline and forum in handling publication misconduct.
Forgery, Alteration, Plagiarism
- Forgery: making up data or research results that do not exist.
- Alteration: fabricating research materials, equipment, or processes, or changing/deleting research results intentionally to distort research contents or results.
- Plagiarism: using others' ideas, research (process and contents), and/or results without proper authorization or citation.
Overlap Publication and Dishonest Research
- Publishing research papers that contain the same or similar contents to that which were/are published in other journals or books in the Society's memoir, or publishing research papers that are/were published in the Society's memoir in other journals or books.
- Multiple or duplicate publications can be allowed after a review from the Publication Council if it is qualified under the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals (http://www.icmje.org).
- Wrongful Research Paper Author Indication: either refusing to grant a qualification to publish (without proper reasons) to a person who contributed to science and/or technology with his/her research contents or results, or granting qualification to publish to a person who did not contribute to science and/or technology because of a wish to express appreciation or honor.
If a research object is human, researchers should follow the Declaration of Helsinki (http://www. wma.net). Details are as follows:
- Researchers should fully explain the purpose and methods of research as well as any possible mental and physical harm that could occur during research participation. If he/she is to publish the research results, he/she has to indicate that on the paper.
- Researchers cannot write down participants' names or initials. In case of possible disclosure of participants' identification through pictures of the face or anything similar, researchers should receive written informed consent from the participants or their guardians.
- Researchers should receive approval from the Institutional Review Board and indicate it on the paper if one wishes to publish the research results.
- Any research that deals with clinical trials should be registered to the primary national clinical trial registration site or other sites accredited by the WHO or the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors.
If a research object is an animal, researchers should follow these general rules:
- Researchers should indicate what he/she did to minimize the pain or discomfort that experiment subjects went through.
- Researchers should indicate that he/she did not violate NIH guideline (NIH Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals).
- When necessary, the Society can ask for written consent and an approval letter issued by Animal Ethics Committee.
Corrections of Errors
The Journal will publish corrections when errors could affect the interpretation of data or information. When the error is made by the author, the term "Corrigendum" will be used; when the error is made by the Publisher, the term "Erratum" will be used.
Plagiarism and self-plagiarism are not allowed and are considered as serious misconduct. Authors should declare that their works are free from any kind of plagiarism. In case plagiarised material is revealed in any of the published papers, the paper will be retracted and Editorial board will make a public notice to the readers.
Every Author is expected to state the followings:
Every contributing author must state their approval for publication and fully understand the content of the manuscript that is submitted to the journal.
Who qualifies as an author?
All authors must have made a significant intellectual contribution to the manuscript according to the criteria formulated by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Each author should have participated sufficiently in work to take public responsibility for the content. Authorship credits should be based only on substantial contributions to (a) conception and design, or analysis and interpretation of data; (b) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content; and (c) final approval of the version to be published.
Participation solely in the acquisition of funds or the collection of data does not justify authorship. General supervision of the research group is not sufficient for authorship. The role played by each author should be described on the cover page (e.g., in planning and/or conducting the study, collecting and/or interpreting data, and/or drafting the manuscript). The corresponding author is responsible for all aspects of the manuscript.
With the considerations above, please declare "All authors read and approved the final manuscript " under this heading.
Conflict of interest
Every conflict of interest-financially or non-financial-should be stated explicitly. Please state "None" if no conflict exists.
Sources of funding
All sources of support for the research should be listed under this heading. Otherwise authors should specifically declare "This paper received no specific grant from any funding agency, commercial or not-for-profit sectors.".
Manuscripts of Original articles/Clinical Research should state their Ethical clearance from their respective ethical comittees. In manuscript of case reports and reviews, Authors should declare "Not Applicable" under this heading
Copyright/ permissions for figures
Please include the following statement on your manuscript:
"We the Authors of this manuscript declare that we have received the proper permission regarding the use of figures/images/illustrations from their Original Authors"